Mother’s Day is May 13th – yes that is NEXT WEEK! What do you typically get for that special lady in your life?
We find that you can never go wrong with something handmade. So we came up with a great new update on the classic “macaroni necklace” to show moms who love to accessorize that you care. (Of course, we also love this bright piece for ourselves. I even wore it in our color inspirations shoot!)
This is fun for adults or for children with parental supervision. Instructions are below.
Hope you have a sweet time making these candy creations as much as I do!
- Candy Necklace (cut)
- 8-10 gumballs (any color)
- Ribbon (any color, cut to preferred necklace length)
- Gather your materials
- Using a scissor or sharp tool to pierce a small hole in the center of each gumball
- Wrap a piece of tape around the end of the ribbon to make it easier to loop through the candy
- Alternate looping the ribbon through candy necklace candy and a gumball until you reach desired length
- Get creative! Try using different candies and colors for a funky look and secure necklace with a bow.
- Take your necklace out on the town or wrap it in a nice gift box for mom